Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Living Room

The living room was one of only a few rooms that didn't have wallpaper, which was a blessing considering it's the biggest room in the house and the one we use the most often.

Before we even started looking at houses to buy, I had already made a book dedicated to all the colors, fabric, design ideas and magazine clippings that inspired me and that I wanted to use in our future home. I knew I wanted to paint the living room yellow, more specifically Benjamin Moore's Barley, so when we decided to buy this house and the living room was already yellow I almost thought about leaving it the color it was. But, after a couple of weeks it was apparent that the existing yellow was too bright for us and I'd have to paint. Barley is a creamier, warmer yellow that works well in this room because it gets a lot of light, but is big enough that you don't want to feel overwhelmed by the color on the walls.


Before


Before


Before

Now with the lighter, creamier yellow walls:


After


After


After


New pillows (from Pottery Barn outlet and Mom Pace!)


My mom helped me find this fabric. We spent hours looking around at Mary Jo's (a huge fabric store in Gastonia, NC) looking for something that we both liked, and this was it!


I recently bought this mirror on Craig's List, and I love the way it fits the space between these two windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment