
Before

Before

Before
When we moved into the house, this particular bathroom had had a lattice-style wallpaper with flowers in shades of rose, mauve, mustard yellow, green and Duke blue. Not at all our style! After taking down the wallpaper, we painted the room Apple Blossom (Benjamin Moore) and added wainscotting (beadboard) to the lower half of the walls and in the area just outside the bathroom. My mom made the brown curtains with the cream stripe.

New wainscotting

After
As many of you know, I have a tendency to change my mind about the color of a room if I don't feel that it's "just right." So, just a few weeks ago I ended up painting this room a deeper blue, Benjamin Moore's Jamestown Blue. This color flows better with the other colors in our house, including the Yarmouth Blue in the kitchen (which is actually on the same paint strip with Jamestown Blue), in the dining room and accent pieces in the living room.

New blue

After

After
No comments:
Post a Comment