
Before

Before
This room was also fun for me because I had a blank slate to work with-- no fabric or paint that I had to match. After taking down the blue and white striped wallpaper (that I actually liked, but didn't want to use), it was time to get started.


It was not long after we had moved to Richmond that I went in Printer's Alley. They happened to be having an end of the year fabric sale, and I ended up spotting the perfect fabric there. It was a clean, contemporary design of circles and squares with robin's egg blue, brown and cream. I loved the fabric and found out that it was even more perfect at $3 a yard! There were 8 1/2 yards on the bolt-- just enough to make two curtains for the room.

Printer's Alley fabric

I later found a brown comforter and painted the room a light aqua by Behr. My mom even found some chocolate brown, aqua and cream fabric with birds on it to make an accent pillow for the bed.

After

After
I recently took the three wood and iron frames off the walls and replaced them with two framed pictures of birds, which match the bird theme on the accent pillow.


No comments:
Post a Comment