We found a great old dry sink on Craig's List that had been converted into a vanity. Someone had cut a hole in the top in order to hold a white porcelain sink with a vintage style "cold" and "hot" faucet. It needed a little TLC, so when we got it home I sanded it down and painted it black to match the black and white tile in the bathroom.

We also bought an old medicine cabinet off of Ebay. I loved the shabby chic style, but I wanted a more streamlined look so I also sanded and painted it black.


Next, it was time for a new light fixture. Restoration Hardware happened to be running a lighting sale at the time, so we took advantage and bought one of their vintage style fixtures in chrome.
I finished puttying and sanding the walls a few days later, and then they were ready to be painted. My color scheme was porcelain blue and cranberry, taken from the striped shower curtain we already had from Pottery Barn. I painted the walls Benjamin Moore's Brittany Blue, which I was really pleased with. It took a while to find a light gray-blue that went well with the shower curtain.


We finished the bathroom of with a curtain my mom made for us (isn't she amazing?). It's a red toile functional Roman shade.


After
No comments:
Post a Comment