Thursday, June 4, 2009

Red Coral

I've been obsessed with these pictures of red coral at www.art.com. Literally, they're named Red Coral I, II, and III, but I'm not sure who the artist is. I recently purchased these three prints and then framed them to put in the dining room.

I had been looking for some art to put in there for a while; I just couldn't quite find the right thing. What I liked about the red coral is that it's different, unexpected, and brought in a new color to the predominantly blue and brown room. Although, what I couldn't get over was that we don't live near or at the beach (we're about 2.5 hours away), so I felt like nautical decor wouldn't go well in our house for that reason.

Well, I finally had a friend give me some advice "Buy what you're drawn to and not what is necessarily matchy-matchy in the room." So I did just that. I bought and hung them-- and I love this set!

2 comments:

  1. The coral prints look SO good! And of course I'm glad you used the phrase "matchy matchy" in your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm in love with these! And all the amazing recent renovations! I've just been getting caught up and you guys are rocking it!!!

    ReplyDelete