Thursday, June 4, 2009

Gardening

I just love being out in the yard. One day I was telling Daniel how much I like spending time outside doing yard work, and he said, "I know; you've already told me that several times today!" Well, my hard work in the fall is starting to pay off as tulips, hyacinth, daffadils, and hostas begin coming up. I'm so excited about my hydrangea bushes. We didn't have any when we moved in the summer of 2007, and thanks to some cuttings from a neighbor, a clearance at Lowe's and two splurges, I now have 12 plants. They're small, but I'm hoping in a few years I'll have some beautiful bushes with lots of blooms!


Tomato and pepper plants, raspberry plant, pot of herbs (cilantro, parsley and basil)


Cherry tomato plant


Hydrangeas




I was hoping for more vibrant blue, pink and green hues, but I guess I'll have to work on that!


I had to put a fence around the plants because Shiloh has a tendency to just plow right into them!


Hydrangea, purple cone flower, yellow wildflowers






1 comment: